The goal of the graduate degree programs is to prepare God-called men and women for Christian ministries such as pastors, church planters, missionaries, and other types of Christian ministers.
Canadian Baptist College is committed to providing high quality teaching in a warm, supportive environment both for students well on their way to Christian service and for those just beginning to discover who they are in Christ.
The Canadian Baptist College is recognized by the Province of Alberta, and the Diploma of Christian Ministry (DCMin) is accredited by the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE). This diploma is a Designated Learning Program and eligible to receive foreign nationals on a study permit under the DLI number 019256741082.
The Diploma of Christian Ministry is a 60 credit hour undergraduate program designed to equip church leaders and other Christian ministers with the necessary tools to serve Christ effectively.
Graduates with the Diploma of Christian Ministry will be trained to:
1. Serve the Lord from a solid foundation of Bible knowledge.
2. Understand the doctrines of the Christian faith from an evangelical perspective.
3. Serve in the local church in such ways as teaching, leading worship, and shepherding.
4. Share the gospel in one’s home culture.
5. Put into practice the principles of spiritual growth.
6. Exercise ministry skills learned through a field practicum.
7. Understand a number of general subject areas from a Christian perspective.
1. Applicants should be age 22 or older
2. The prerequisite for this diploma is a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
3. A total of 60 credit hours is required for the completion of the diploma.
The following outlines the required courses that students must take in order to complete the Diploma of Christian Ministry:
|Diploma of Christian Ministry (DCMin)|
|Biblical and Theological Studies|
|1B1311||Old Testament Survey||3|
|1B2311||New Testament Survey||3|
|1B3321||Bible Backgrounds or|
|1E1342||Living & Sharing the Gospel||3|
|1P2241||Capstone Ministry I||2|
|1L3311||English Composition 101||3|
|1L3312||Writing & Research
|1L4311||Classics of Christian Literature||3|
|1C1311||Intro to Psychology & Counselling||3|
|1C1321||Basics of Family Dynamics||3|
|1H3311||Western Civilization 101
|1H3312||Western Civilization 102||3|
|1V4301||Health & Wellness||3|
|Total credits hours for Diploma of Christian Ministry (DCMin)||60|
Recognized by the Province of Alberta. Accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
200 Seminary View, Cochrane, AB,
T4C 2G1, CANADA
Phone: (403) 932-6622 • Fax: (403) 932-7049
See Office Hours