International Student FAQ's

Where is Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College located?

Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College (CSBS&C) is located in Cochrane, Alberta, Canada on a beautiful 149 acre site overlooking the town of Cochrane. It is 35 km from Calgary and 50 km from Calgary Airport.

How do I apply?

The application requirements and forms are available right here on our website download the applications from our How to Apply page.

When do I need to apply?

International students can only apply for the fall semester. The application deadline is March 1st.

However, since processing times for study permits can be lengthy, we suggest that your application be completed in advance of the deadline stated.

When does the school year begin?

The academic school year begins approximately the last week of August. Contact Admissions for more information.

Do I need a TOEFL test?

Since the language of instruction is English, applicants must be proficient in both verbal and  written English. All applicants (regardless of citizenship) whose first language is not English must submit the result of the TOEFL test. Test scores must be no more than 2 years old.

Does the school offer ESL courses?

CSBS&C does not offer ESL (English as Second Language) courses. Applicants must be proficient in both verbal and written English before they can be admitted.

How much will schooling cost?

The yearly tuition based on the minimum of 10 credit hours per semester for a CSBS&C student would be approximately $7400 CAD. See the complete list of tuition and fees.

The estimated cost to live in Cochrane for one year for a married full-time student NOT including tuition would be approximately $20,000 CAD.

Can I work a part-time job while I study?

International students can work off campus if they have a valid study permit. See the Government of Canada website for more details.

Are scholarships available?

CSBS&C does not offer full scholarships. There are limited scholarships available covering only a small percentage of the cost. See what we have to offer in regards to scholarships and financial aid. Download application forms and deadlines.

Is there housing available?

Student housing is available for students, whether single or with their families, to allow for independent living with community support.

We have unfurnished 1-bedroom apartments as well as two (2) and three (3) bedroom townhouses located right on-campus. See Student Housing for more information.

When do I need to arrive at CSBS&C if accepted?

You are required to arrive on campus no later than two weeks prior to the start of the first day of classes for the Fall semester.

If you are unable to arrive by this date, you may need to postpone the start of your studies until the following school year.

What is available for children’s schooling?

Cochrane schools fall under Rockyview School District. Go to the Rockyview website  for school calendar, fees and school bus passes.

Is there health care provided?

To receive free healthcare, you must register for an Alberta Health Care Card. For more detailed information go to the Alberta Heath website.

Is there local transportation available?

CSBS&C is located 4 km from the main shopping area in Cochrane. There is no local public transportation (i.e. bus service) available in the area. Students are responsible for their own transportation to local area services and churches.

Can international students work in Canada after graduation?

Students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution can apply for a postgraduate work permit. Please see information on the Immigration Canada website.