This graduate-level degree program is designed to equip students with the skills for in-depth study and interpretation of the Bible. It would be of most interest to students desiring to increase their appreciation for the Christian Scriptures but not necessarily interested in a professional ministry degree. The program will strengthen lay leaders serving in church, para-church, or other mission agencies.
- The prerequisite for this degree is a BA degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university
- A total of 60 credit hours are required for the completion of the degree.
- Graduates will have gained a survey knowledge of both the Old and New Testaments.
- Graduates will demonstrate hermeneutical skills with facility in at least one of the biblical languages.
- Graduates will have the ability to apply biblical truth to life and ministry.
2B1311 Old Testament I 3
2B1312 Old Testament II 3
2B2311 New Testament I 3
2B2312 New Testament II 3
2B3213 Biblical Interpretation 2
2B3214 Biblical Backgrounds 2
2P2141 Capstone Research Project 1
Old or New Testament Book Studies 6
2L1311 Biblical Hebrew I 3
2L1312 Biblical Hebrew II 3
2L2311 Biblical Greek I 3
2L2312 Biblical Greek II 3
Theological & Historical Studies
2T1213 Christian Theology I 2
2T1214 Christian Theology II 2
2T2311 Christian Ethics 3
2H1214 History of Christianity 2
Choose two of the following courses:
2T4221 Christianity & Other World Faiths 2
2T2223 Christian Apologetics
in a Post-Christian Era 2
2P3221 Evangelism 2
2I1211 Church Planting 2
2H3211 Missiology 2
Leadership, Character & Praxis Studies
2E2221 Effective Bible Teaching 2
2P3215 Spiritual Formation 2
2P3231 Spiritual Leadership 2
Free Electives 14
(MBS Total) 60 Credits
The Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary and College is recognized by the Province of Alberta, and the MA (Biblical Studies) degree is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).