CSBS&C Job Postings
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Organization: The Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College
Location: 200 Seminary View, Cochrane, Alberta
Status: Full-time M-F 8am-5pm
Department: Business & Facilities Office
Posting close Date: Jan 17, 2020
The Receptionist / Administrative Assistant relates to the Director of Finance & Administration and the Facilities Manager.
• Answer phones; manage CSBS&C telephone system and lists; assist staff with phone system use
• Process and distribute incoming CSBS&C mail including courier shipments
• Manage postage meter machine
• Manage office supplies & maintenance supplies
• Manage photocopier/printer/fax in administration building including ordering of supplies, assist staff with use of the machine
• Carry out other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Receive student housing applications and administer a housing waiting list
• Relate to prospective tenants concerning student housing matters
• Designate housing to new students and ensures that housing is ready to move in when new tenants arrive
• Ensure that rental agreements are signed with each tenant and housing policies communicated in an effective manner
• Relate to tenants in matters of housing policies, conduct on campus and any issues that may arise during their stay in student housing
• Inspect apartments with tenant at move in and move out
• Manage guest housing use
• Coordinate cleaning with Guest House Custodian
• Work with the Facilities Manager to ensure furnishings and decorations of guest housing are appropriately managed and updated when necessary
• Manage internal and external facilities use requests and bookings including coordination of security, custodial and set-up.
• Track RV storage information.
• Assist Facilities Manager with volunteer coordination and relations
• Assist Facilities Manager with administrative tasks
Assist with duties of the Financial Assistant during her/his absence
Required skills are:
• An enthusiastic and positive attitude and strong relational skills
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with written and oral communication
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to multi-task
• Flexibility & adaptability
• Have personal discretion and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality over sensitive information
All interested candidates please submit your CV/resume and cover letter to Kathryn Dorey by
January 17, 2020 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.