CSBS&C Job Postings
Director of Finance & Administration
Location: 200 Seminary View, Cochrane, Alberta
Reports to: President
Department: Business Office
Close Date: March 19, 2018
All aspects of CSBS&C day-to-day financial operations including financial systems and controls, transaction capturing and reporting of financial information to both internal and external users; Management of institutional resources including aspects of human resource management, risk management, project management, policy development, etc.; General administration over CSBS&C business affairs, information technology and ancillary operations of CSBS&C.
A. Financial Leadership
- Work with the President in maintaining the financial health and integrity of CSBS&C.
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day financial operations carried out by Business Office staff (payroll, accounts payable & receivable, student billing, donation records, banking, etc.).
- Work with the President and department managers to develop annual operating and capital budgets.
- Administration of various levels of government tax, employee and charity legislation with respect to CSBS&C operations
- Ensure the design, operation and maintenance of appropriate systems, policies and procedures for the processing and recording of financial transactions of CSBS&C, for the safeguarding of assets, for the maintenance of fiduciary responsibilities and for expenditure control.
- Custodian for all contracts, leases and agreements entered into by CSBS&C, ensuring financial implications of these contracts are effectively managed.
- Negotiate annual insurance contract, ensuring that CSBS&C coverage is adequate; ensure that risks are identified and managed effectively.
- Oversee major CSBS&C projects that involve financial commitments, such as construction of capital assets or acquisition of data management systems.
- Ensure effective management of CSBS&C cash and equivalent assets and monitor investments and borrowings to facilitate maximum benefit to CSBS&C while minimizing related risks.
- Timely and accurate production of CSBS&C internal monthly financial statements. Such statements include operating, capital, restricted funds, projects and any other reports that assist decision-makers in managing budgets and financial assets for which they are responsible.
- Production of year-end financial statements for audit purposes and for meeting reporting requirements of external bodies.
B. Administrative Leadership
- Member of the President’s Administrative Team (PAT) which meets bi-weekly for the purpose of strategic planning and implementation and evaluation of CSBS&C mission initiatives.
- Supervise and manage team of direct reports. This includes mentoring them toward the development of goals and objectives for their areas of responsibility, ensuring they are adequately trained and motivated to perform their duties with skill and confidence.
- Assist all department managers with all hiring processes
- Acts as Privacy Officer for CSBS&C
- Perform annual internal audit for the Abuse Prevention Policy
- Policy development and management related to HR, IT, abuse prevention, privacy, etc.
- Undertake committee responsibilities for projects such as accreditation, as assigned by the President.
- Participate in the semi-annual meetings of the CSBS&C Board of Trustees, as requested by the President.
- Keep current in areas that may impact CSBS&C’s well-being in financial and administrative areas, including an understanding of best practices as they relate to the responsibilities of this position.
- Maintain good working relationships with corporate bank account manager, attorney, vendors and outside agencies such as CRA and CCCC.
- Maintain good working relationship with CNBC and other denominational agencies.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with PAT members and all CSBS&C department managers generally to ensure all have an understanding of policies, procedures and financial reports.
- Liaise with external auditors to co-ordinate the annual audit of CSBS&C financial statements and controls and procedures.
- Source and develop relationships with peers at other educational institutions so as to benefit CSBS&C.
- Reports to: President
- Supervises: Financial Assistant, IT Manager, Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (shared supervision w/ Facilities Manager)
- Education: University degree preferably majoring in accounting or business administration
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of direct work related experience, including supervisory experience
- Skills: Strong financial and analytical skills; strong oral and written communication skills; organized and detail-oriented; effective relational and servant leadership skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and accounting database; personal discretion and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality over sensitive information.
Philosophy of life must be in accord with the policies, objectives and doctrinal statement of CSBS&C. Must possess the highest standards of personal integrity, a strong work ethic and an optimistic outlook.
All interested candidates please submit your CV/resume and cover letter to the Presidents Office by March 19, 2018 by e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.