Employment Opportunity: Director of Student Services
Strong internal candidate
Location: 200 Seminary View, Cochrane, Alberta
Start Date: May 1,2019
Department: Student Services
Status: 10-15 hours per week
Posting close: March 31, 2019
Provide general oversight to the development and operation of the Student Life Department. Plan, organize, promote, supervise and evaluate Student Life programs, events, and activities to meet the needs of students
The primary relationship is with the President in matters related to Student Life in order to ensure a healthy, fulfilling, and safe community for students and their families. Other strategic relationships include Director of Finance and Administration, Academic Dean, Registrar, Director of Recruitment, Student Council, and Facilities Manager.
- Direct activities and services supporting student and community life
- Assist students in finding local employment
- Create or review web and email announcements related to students. (e.g. activities, and job opportunities)
- Oversee personal student needs (food, clothing)
- Along with the Facilities Manager, oversee the use and care of recreational equipment and facilities
- Maintain a calendar of all student–related activities
- Serve as a liaison to Student Council and coordinate Student Council initiatives.
- Assess and respond to the particular needs of international students.
- Attend monthly meetings with the President
- Organize an annual seminar for the student body to provide growth and assistance in key areas of Christian life
- Ensure supervision and safety issues concerning student life are well managed
Coordinate these efforts with the Facilities Manager
- As a member of the Scholarship committee make decisions on scholarship distributions
- Other activities as required
Experience and Training:
- Vibrant growing personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Leadership abilities
- Administrative abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Love students and have the ability to relate well on a personal level
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Excellent organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills including accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to matters sensitive to students and CSBS&C
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other team members.
All interested candidates please email your CV/resume and cover letter to Kathryn Dorey by March 31, 2019.
We thank all interested applicants however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.